More about Mr. Met 1.5

Eric from the awesome Stadium Page says:

Hi,
I saw your post about the freaky Mr. Met from the mid-90’s.  It looks it was introduced in 1994 (the pic you posted must’ve been from 1995 since there was no “swoosh” on the jersey).  From looking at other old programs/yearbooks, the current Mr. Met was introduced in 96.

Check out these pics I scanned from a 1994 Mets program:
1 – Yes, that’s the freak Mr. Met with Dallas Green, Ryan Thompson, Bobby Bonilla and John Franco.
2 – Surely Fred Wilpon’s finest hour!

Wow, I am starting to think this actually happened!  I clearly have erased my brain of any recollection of this.  Maybe I was too busy staring at the “swoosh” jerseys.  Maybe I was just happy Mr. Met was back at all.  And stop calling me Quaid.

I need to learn as much as possible about Mr. Met One Point Five

As for Fred & Stimpy (I know, I know, it’s just a better joke if i phrase it that way) – one thing about Fred Wilpon.  He would never charge you to prin….oh wait never mind, that’s Ren.

Who else has Mr. Met Uno Punto Cinco pics for me?

Bored with Sports Talk Radio? Try Alternative Sports Talk via TuneIn

Shannon Shark @metspolice

Shannon Shark is the founder of MetsPolice.com, tweets as @metspolice, is an avid fan of Lee Mazzilli and Daniel Murphy, hates black uniforms and is the author of "Send The Beer Guy" available at Amazon.com. #imwith28

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Media Goon says:

Hypno toad plus rekal equals no mr met 1.5

2. Sparks says:

Gianormous head, eyes that move, adjustable eyebrows, and at least 2 different mouths plus a tongue. The more I see of this guy, the more lame the current Mr. Met gets.

3. Steve D says:

The caption says Mr. Met was a regular at Shea until the late 1970s.

I frequented Shea the entire 70s…I don’t recall EVER seeing Mr. Met. Anyone have a photo of him in the 70s? Leisure suit, long sideburns, gold chain?

4. nickschiavo says:

Mediagoon Mediagoon I’ve never seen or noticed the different facial expressions or the tongue, my god!

5. nickschiavo says:

Mediagoon Mediagoon i still want to hear MrMet explain himself for those dark times though

6. Mediagoon says:

nickschiavo yep- metspolice and I were just tweeting about it

7. Mediagoon says:

nickschiavo our theory is that it’s MrMet’s older brother, the one that couldn’t hack it in the fam biz.

8. Mediagoon says:

nickschiavo ask metspolice about his MrMet 1.5

9. nickschiavo says:

Mediagoon there’s one in every family lol

10. nickschiavo says:

Mediagoon metspolice lol your all nuts lol i love it.

11. Sparks3rdCoast says:

Mediagoon nickschiavo MrMet Don’t hate on 1.5. Maybe he just got disenchanted with baseball after the ’94 playoffs were canceled.