There are just 2 days left in the Movember fund raising campaign to raise money to fight testicular & prostate cancer. At this point we are close to matching what we raised last year but we still need help.
The 7 Line is on board with these efforts and will be donating 20% of the sales from this Bobby V tee shirt to The Blue Cap Army’s Movember fund raiser.
Of course you can always donate directly to The Blue Cap Army – whatever you can give will go towards helping fight testicular and prostate cancer.
Approximately 1 of every 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point within their lifetime. In perspective that means that 5 members of the Mets 40 man roster will probably contract prostate cancer.
Not counting some forms of skin cancer, prostate cancer in the United States is—
- The most common cancer in men, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- The second most common cause of death from cancer among white, African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Hispanic men.
- The fourth most common cause of death from cancer among Asian/Pacific Islander men.
- More common in African-American men compared to white men.
- Less common in American Indian/Alaska Native and Asian/Pacific Islander men compared to white men.
- More common in Hispanic men compared to non-Hispanic men.
In 2008 (the most recent year for which numbers are available)—
- 214,633 men in the United States were diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- 28,471 men in the United States died from prostate cancer.
The print version of my book is Send The Beer Guy is now available!
The Kindle ebook version of Send The Beer Guy: Mets Fan, Mets Vendor, Mets Police is available now: ON SALE NOW JUST $2.99