We are halfway through our Movember fund-raising drive and thanks to the generosity of many people we have raised over $500 so far – but we still have a long way to go.
We are very happy to announce that Darren over at The 7 Line has joined our effort to fight prostate cancer. Darren recently restocked the classic Bobby Valentine fake mustache tees and for the remainder of Movember (excluding Black Friday sales) 20% of all sales of this tee shirt will be donated to The Blue Cap Army’s Movember campaign.
Buy a tee shirt and help us fight prostate cancer.
Or you can also donate directly to The Blue Cap Army by clicking here - no amount is too small.
Some facts about prostate cancer:
Not counting some forms of skin cancer, prostate cancer in the United States is—
- The most common cancer in men, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- The second most common cause of death from cancer among white, African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Hispanic men.
- The fourth most common cause of death from cancer among Asian/Pacific Islander men.
- More common in African-American men compared to white men.
- Less common in American Indian/Alaska Native and Asian/Pacific Islander men compared to white men.
- More common in Hispanic men compared to non-Hispanic men.
In 2008 (the most recent year for which numbers are available)—
- 214,633 men in the United States were diagnosed with prostate cancer.*
- 28,471 men in the United States died from prostate cancer.*
Get your tickets to the 2015 Queens Baseball Convention
Bored with Sports Talk Radio? Try Alternative Sports Talk via TuneIn