I guess this is fun. I think with me and Seinfeld (a show I watched from week one because Jerry crushed it every time with Letterman back in the 80′s) I treat it like when everyone discovers your favorite band. It’s so mainstream now it kind of turns me off to it. Maybe some day Community shall be so-ruined.
Anyways, have fun, and good job as always by the Cyclones. I wonder if the Cyclones owner knows the Mets owner. Maybe they could bring fun to Queens.
On July 5, 1989, the “Seinfeld Chronicles” aired on NBC for the first time and 25 years later, the Cyclones will celebrate the “show about nothing” that has left an indelible mark on popular culture. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a Keith Hernandez “Magic Loogie” Bobblehead. In addition, there will be non-stop Seinfeld themed entertainment from beginning to end. Yada yada yada…you’ll have an awesome night.
Here’s a look at some of the things we have in store for the evening:
- MCU Park will known as Vandelay Industries Park for one night only.
- Mailmen in uniform get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch (“Hello Newman!”)
- Anyone who has a business card indicating that they are in fact a “Latex Salesman” will also receive a free ticket to the game. If we call the number and it’s some apartment on the Upper East Side, you won’t qualify for the freebie.
- Fans can visit the information table for an “airing of grievances.”
- Closest to the pin / whale’s blow hole competition (“Is that a Titleist?”)
- The foul poles will be known as Festivus Poles.
- “Low-Talking” PA Announcer.
- Elaine Dancing Contest
- Everyone Runs the Bases Post-game…but anyone named Jerry gets a head start (Take that Duncan Meyer).
- Game of “Risk” on the Concourse
- Cereal eating contests
- Anyone named George Costanza will be allowed to join our radio broadcast as a color analyst for an inning
- Players in puffy shirts for batting practice.
The options for in-game entertainment are endless and are sure to change between now and game day. From “No Soup for You” after a visiting player strikes out, who knows, maybe the staff will even dress in velvet from head to toe.
Be sure to get your tickets early, as this night is surely to be one of the most popular of the 2014 season. Single game tickets will go on sale Saturday, May 10th at 10 AM. But if you follow the Cyclones on Facebook or Twitter, you will get access to a special pre-sale before the general public. For more information please call us at 718-37-BKLYN.
Ironically my reaction is a Jerry-esque shrug and not excited “hmmph”