Is it time for me to stop buying Mets jerseys?

20121223-095057.jpg

As I added my two new blue Dickey jerseys to the closet this morning I pondered a question: do I have enough Mets jerseys?

You can only wear Mets jerseys in so many situations, and Mrs. Mets Police is increasingly looking like this.

20121223-095233.jpg

I have jerseys in blue and orange, green, white, gray, Mercury, two Los and even black. There are two more 2013 jerseys on the way (one “me” and one a Mets Police 13 – aka the formal-wear for Opening Day (prices start at jut $63), Banner Day and social media icons.

I will likely buy a NATIONAL and AMERICAN this summer….by likely I mean definitely…..

But is that it? Enough already? I have Mazzilli and Seaver. Murphy and Wright. Even two Dickeys now.

I have 86 style, swoosh, 87 script, dropshadow, classic, modern, pins and pinless. Ivory and “off-white.”

Have I reached the end of the line? I think Modell’s may have sent me over the edge.

20121223-095650.jpg

20121223-095704.jpg

Bored with Sports Talk Radio? Try Alternative Sports Talk via TuneIn

Shannon Shark @metspolice

Shannon Shark is the founder of MetsPolice.com, tweets as @metspolice, is an avid fan of Lee Mazzilli and Daniel Murphy, hates black uniforms and is the author of "Send The Beer Guy" available at Amazon.com. #imwith28

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. SkillSets says:

Yes it is. Leave it for the kids and mongos. Save a couple, give away the rest

2. Paul says:

If you need a separate closet for your Mets jerseys, you might have too many. :-)

3. Media Goon says:

you might think you are done, but I know you, you aren’t done.

4. Dallas DeVries says:

Whats your favorite?

5. Will Musto says:

If you’re giving them away, and have a M or L that you’re getting rid of, I’ll be happy to cover shipping 😉

6. Shawn Sparks says:

I feel ya. I never would’ve thought I’d have as many as I do, and I’m not even in yours and Goon’s league. However, as pricey habits go, baseball jerseys are both harmless and relatively cheap. Would Mrs. Mets Police prefer you spend that money on cocaine and hookers? I think not.

7. As I said on FB, there is never enough! Next are the Wheeler, Harvey, Familia, d’Arnaud, Syndergaard, etc. My favorite is, and always will be my ’86 Carter home jersey that I put my KID 8 patch on. As long as you aren’t making a choice between a jersey and the mortgage, have fun.