MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance and/or full-time columnists and reporters to help cover Major League Baseball. We’re interested in candidates with solid reporting skills and a strong voice who are as well versed in writing about the sport off the field as they are about the games themselves.
– Column writing from live games across the country, as well as the news of the day off the field.
– Non-column writing that helps feed the beast that is a 24-by-7 deadline cycle.
– Factual reporting; intelligent writing.
– Nuanced analysis and insightful commentary.
– Professional representation of our company inside and outside our walls.
– Multimedia experience a plus.
– Four-year degree preferred.
– Passion for the sport, as well as a thorough knowledge of the sport.
– Experienced in writing on deadline.
– Able to produce clean, crisp copy.
– Team player to work in field, as well as with editors.
– Good communicator and well-organized.
– Self-starter with a wealth of ideas.
– Willing to travel.
– Bilingual a plus.
“Due to the volume of applications for each position, MLB.com will only contact those applications who are selected to be interviewed.â€