I see a bit of a discussion about a proposed Mascot race at Citi.
1. Â Don’t do it, it’s lame.
2. Â If it has gotten as far as MetsBlog mentioning it, that means it’s being discussed outside of Wilpon’s Bunker, and it’s being talked about more than just as a passing idea.
3. Â These are the Wilpon Mets, the team that ignore’s it’s own tradition and borrows traditions from others. Â Do you remember when the Mets stole the YMCA thing from the Yankees for about a week. Â Yes they did, I saw it with my own eyes.
4. Â Since all that adds up to yes it’s going to happen, perhaps we’ll see the return of Lady Met. Â I’ll actually stop-hating on this idea if they dress someone in a Mettle the Mule costume (just embrace it) rather than some made up Poochie character (that’s a Simpsons reference).
5. Â If the team is going for Bread and Circuses how about Banner Day and Old Timer’s Day.
Now I’m waking up! Â Heading out for a well needed run, Mets Police Junior’s basketball game, and then some more bloggin’.
Get your tickets to the 2015 Queens Baseball Convention
Bored with Sports Talk Radio? Try Alternative Sports Talk via TuneIn